What is a Green Circle Salon?
A Green Circle Salon is a salon that has made a commitment to reduce its environmental impact by recycling and repurposing the waste generated by its business. Green Circle Salons is a company that provides waste management solutions for the beauty industry. They offer a comprehensive recycling program that allows salons to recycle materials such as hair, foils, color tubes, and other beauty waste that would typically end up in a landfill.
In addition to recycling, Green Circle Salons also offer the option of repurposing hair clippings. Hair is a valuable resource that can be used to create products such as hair booms (which can be used to clean up oil spills), pet beds, and even human hair wigs. By repurposing hair clippings, Green Circle Salons are able to reduce the amount of waste that is sent to landfills.
While partnering with Green Circle Salons is a great way for salons to reduce their environmental impact, there are also other steps that can be taken to reduce beauty waste. Here are a few ideas:
1. Sustainable Packaging - When choosing products to use and sell, salons can opt for brands that use sustainable packaging. This includes packaging made from recycled materials, biodegradable materials, or packaging that can be easily recycled. Our product line Kevin Murphy uses packaging made 100% from ocean waste plastic.
2. LED Lighting - LED lighting is a great way to reduce energy consumption in salons. Not only do LED lights use less energy, but they also last longer than traditional lighting.
3. Digital Record Keeping - Many salons are now switching to digital record-keeping systems. This not only saves paper, but it also makes it easier to keep track of client information.
4. Biodegradable Disposables - Salons can opt for biodegradable disposable items such as gloves, towels, and cotton swabs. This helps to reduce the amount of waste that is sent to landfills.
5. Pressurized water flow on shampoo bowls helps minimize excessive water consumption.
6. Or clients can opt out of a shampoo in order to save water as many stylists specialize in dry cuts.
In conclusion, being a Green Circle Salon means taking responsibility for the waste generated by the beauty industry. By partnering with companies like Green Circle Salons and implementing sustainable practices, salons can reduce their environmental impact and contribute to a more sustainable future. By making small changes, we can all make a difference.